Friday, June 7, 2013

At last I've finished the quilt for my little David. A present for his 8th birthday.
The dice is about 4.5 inches. The pieces you move around the game are the little blue, red, yellow and green faces next to the snakes and ladders sign. Their faces are embroidered eyes and mouth with a tuft of hair and their noses are studs. So, they snap off for play and then can be popped back on when play time is finished.
I used all scrap fabrics and whatever size my fabric scraps were, for the most part decided size and design as I went along. I had all these flying geese in my stash, so I incorporated them too.
I painted the numbers on the squares with a fabric paint texta in large numbers for little people to read clearly.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SPECIAL AND GORGEOUS LITTLE MAN
DAVID WHITTINGHAM


ALSO, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BEAUTIFUL PRINCESS
NIKIA WHITTINGHAM


It is really amazing what you can make with scraps in your stash!!!
I bought only the backing fabric for David's quilt.




2 comments:

  1. Quilts are gorgeous but then I expected that!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep up the good work.
    Ihope the stick it notes are working well
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you, my friend. Sticky notes? My desktop is covered with them, lol.

    ReplyDelete